EG Press had hoped to have a stall at the ICOPA2018 conference in London in June 2018. Sadly this has not been possible so we are running this virtual bookstall from 1 June 2018 until the 30 June 2018. We will be publishing the edited collection No Prison to coincide with the conference. A number of the contributing authors will be attending ICOPA and talking to their chapters.
The International Conference on Penal Abolition (ICOPA) is a bi-annual gathering of activists, academics, journalists, practitioners, people currently or formerly imprisoned, survivors of state and personal harm, and others from across the world who are working towards the abolition of imprisonment, the penal system, carceral controls and and the prison industrial complex (PIC).
As well as the books below EG Press also publish Justice, Power and Resistance, the Journal of the European Group for the Study of Deviance and Social Control We have a limited number (12) of copies of Volume 1. No. 1 Critical Criminology available for those who want a taster. These are priced at £5 UK or 8€ Europe or $10 anywhere else. To subscribe to the Journal please go here.
Our ICOPA special offers are: (to purchase individual books see below)
To order please click on your location. Prices include shipping.
These links take you to our PayPal ordering system. If you do not have a PayPal account please select the "Pay with Debit or Credit Card" option which allows you to place your order and pay with a bank or credit card without having a PayPal account.
- EG Press Full Catalogue (All eight books published to date)
- Abolition bumper pack (Four Books)
- Three Book Pack 1
- Three Book Pack 2
- Three Book Pack 3
- Three Book Pack 4
- Buy Two (a)
- Buy Two (b)
- Buy Two (c)
- Buy Two (d)
To order individual books:
- No Prison (2018) Edited by
- Cadenza - A Professional Autobiography (2017)
Thomas Mathiesen with the assistance of Snorre Smári Mathiesen
- Emerging Voices: Critical Social Research by European Group Postgraduate and Early Career Researchers (2017)
Edited by Samantha Fletcher and Holly White
- Voices of Resistance: Subjugated knowledge and the challenge to the criminal justice system (2017)
Edited by: Kym Atkinson, Antoinette R. Huber and Katie Tucker
- Women Crime and Criminology: A Celebration (2017)
Edited by Helen Monk and Joe Sim
- Penal Abolitionism: Papers from the Penal Law, Abolition and Anarchism Conference Volume I (2016)
Edited by Andrea Beckman, J.M. Moore and Azrini Wahidin
- Emancipatory Politics and Praxis: An anthology of essays written for the European Group for the Study of Deviance and Social Control, 2013-16 (2016)
David Scott (with Emma Bell, Joanna Gilmore, Helen Gosling, J M Moore and Faith Spear)
- Beyond Criminal Justice: An Anthology of Abolitionist Papers presented to conferences of the European Group for the Study of Deviance and Social Control (2016)
Edited by: J.M. Moore, Bill Rolston, David Scott and Mike Tomlinson
All UK and Europe orders should be dispatched from the UK within a week and should be recieved with two (UK) or three (Europe) weeks of order. All other orders are printed and dispatched from the USA and should be recieved with four (USA/Canada) and six (Rest of the World) weeks of order. If your books are not received within this timescale please email us.
Please note that the book No Prison has not yet been published and may take longer than these timescales. We will announce on our front page when it is in stock and deliveries should occur within the timescales above following publication. If ordered as part of a pack we will dispatch the other books on receipt of your order with No Prison to follow when published.